The Depanneur + The Bentway:
COMMUNAL PICNICS 2022
The Depanneur and The Bentway are back this summer for a 4th year of diverse and delicious food events. The 2022 Communal Table series is bigger and better than ever, with 20 events running June 16 to Aug 23.
⚠️ NEW DATES: Picnics are now on Sundays ⚠️
THURSDAY nights sit-down Communal Dinners take place at Strachan Gate at The Bentway, SUNDAY nights are take-away Communal Picnics at The Bentway Studio at Canoe Landing, both featuring some of your favourite Depanneur cooks showcasing flavours from all over the world.
TUESDAYS: Communal Picnics at The Bentway Studio at Canoe Landing
Communal Picnics At A Glance
Communal Picnics are pre-packaged, take-away 3-course meals for 2, 4 or 6 people. They must be pre-ordered online and will be available for pickup at the beautiful, new Bentway Studio at Canoe Landing Community Recreation Centre (55 Fort York Blvd, between Spadina & Bathurst), on SUNDAY nights from 6-7pm.
You are invited to enjoy your picnic in the adjacent Canoe Landing Park, take your meal home, or to any of the scenic green spaces in the area.
- Communal Picnics will be held on SUNDAYS from June 21 to August 28
- Meals must be purchased in advance online (see event listings); they are available up to 48 hrs prior to pick up, or until they sell out.
- These 3-course, pre-packaged meals, are served warm and ready-to-eat
- Picnic meals are $59 for 2, $109 for 4, and $159 for 6 (+HST); to minimize packaging & waste, single meals are not available.
- Meat and vegetarian options are available for each meal, but no substitutions or other customizations can be accommodated.
- Picnics are available for pickup at The Bentway Studio at Canoe Landing Community Recreation Centre (55 Fort York Blvd, between Spadina & Bathurst) on Tuesdays between 6-7pm.
- Pick up is rain or shine; no refunds for uncollected meals.
- If you wish to dine nearby at Canoe Landing Park, you are encouraged to bring your own cutlery and picnic blanket.
- Non-alcoholic beverages will be available for purchase on site.
- Washrooms are available in the community centre which is open until 10pm.
- There are a few public picnic tables in the nearby Canoe Landing Park, and we will have some picnic blankets for sale for a $10 donation to our Pay It Forward program (while supplies last).
- Please help us keep the space clean and safe for everyone by using the garbage and recycling bins available on site.
- This outdoor event does not have a specific mask policy, but you are kindly requested to not attend if you are experiencing any flu/COVID symptoms.
2022 Communal Picnic Lineup
Events & tickets will be posted several weeks before each event.
June 21 | Newcomer Kitchen | International
July 3 | Maria Polotan | Filipino
July 10 | Dali Chehimi | Tunisian
July 17 | Elita Rocka | Indonesian
July 24 | Tuba Tunç | Turkish
July 31 | Jose Arato | Spanish
August 7 | Candace Esquimeaux | Anishinaabe
August 14 | Lhundup & Tsewang | Tibetan
August 21 | Erika Araujo | Mexican
August 28 | Mary Freij | Middle Eastern
Upcoming Communal Picnics
Upcoming Events › Bentway Picnics 2022
- No matching events listed under Bentway Picnics 2022. Please try viewing the full calendar for a complete list of events.
The Bentway Studio at Canoe Landing
The Bentway Studio (45 Fort York Blvd.) is part of the beautiful new Canoe Landing Community Recreation Centre, between Spadina & Bathurst. You can enjoy your picnic in the adjacent Canoe Landing Park, or take it to any of the scenic green spaces in the area like the Toronto Music Garden, Little Norway Park, Garrison Common, Coronation Park, or Trillium Park.
Pay It Forward
At check out, you will be given the opportunity to either contribute towards a supplemental Pay It Forward meal. For every Pay It Forward meal purchased, The Depanneur and The Bentway will work together to provide a second meal to double the impact of your generosity. All Pay it Forward funds will be used to create fresh meals for the The Spadina-Fort York Community Care Program; @spafycc
Communal Picnic FAQs
Where is The Bentway Studio and how do I get there?
The Bentway Studio is part of the beautiful new Canoe Landing Community Recreation Centre, at 55 Fort York Blvd. between Spadina & Bathurst. > Google Map
You can enjoy your picnic in the adjacent Canoe Landing Park, or take it to any of the scenic green spaces in the area like the Toronto Music Garden, Little Norway Park, Garrison Common, Coronation Park, or Trillium Park.
Take the TTC:
- 510 Spadina exit at Fort York Blvd. and walk West
- 511 Bathurst exit at Fort York Blvd. and walk East
- 509 Harbourfront exit at Dan Leckie Way and walk North
Bike to The Bentway!
Use Bike Share Toronto’s System Map, or download CycleFinder or Transit app to locate stations and plan your route with real-time bike and station availability. There is ample bike parking and BikeShare station in front of the Canoe Landing Community Recreation Centre.
There are a number of Green P paid public parking locations including along Fort York Blvd, on Capreol Ct, on Dan Leckie Way, as well as under the Canoe Landing Community Centre (from 4pm-11pm only).
What if it rains?
Meal pickup will take place rain or shine; no refunds will be issued for meals not picked up.
Can I eat my picnic on site?
Yes! Picnic meals are packed and ready to eat. As the meals are sold in multiples of 2, to minimize waste, some items may be packed with more than one serving in a single container. Plastic cutlery is NOT included, so we recommend you bring your own cutlery, and optionally plates as well if you wish to eat on site. There are a few public picnic tables available adjacent to the Canoe Landing Community Center, and plenty of green space, stairs and benches in the area. You are encouraged to bring a picnic blanket, and we will have some additional blankets available for a $10 donation towards our Pay It Forward program, while supplies last.
Are there washrooms at The Bentway?
The Bentway provides accessible public washrooms, located in the middle of the site just west of the skate trail. Please note: Due to COVID-19, a limited number of stalls are available and masks are required to access these facilities. Please practice safe physical distancing protocols while visiting. Washrooms and site furniture are available for people to use until 7:30pm only.
Can you accommodate special dietary restrictions?
As meals are prepared and pre-packaged off site, and the menus being prepared are for this event only, we are not able to accommodate specific dietary restrictions beyond the meat and vegetarian options that are available. The Depanneur will try and clarify any potential allergens in the event description. If you have specific questions about ingredients, please contact The Depanneur directly.
Can I BYOB?
There will not be any beverages included in the meals. Some non-alcoholic beverages may be available for purchase on site, and there are water fountains on The Bentway property. You are encouraged to bring a beverage of your choice, but be aware that City of Toronto by-laws prohibit the consumption of alcohol in public.