SOLD OUT! 2nd Night Added MON Sep 16
In this hands on workshop, Shiela will demonstrate how to make 2 types of pies — a classic apple pie and colourful fresh seasonal fruit tart. Participants will learn basic techniques and get hands on experience in making their own pie dough from scratch and assembling their own fruit tarts.
And of course there will be a slice of warm pie a la mode to share at the end of class, as well as 2 pie crusts, a fresh fruit tart and recipes to take home.
You will also learn about:
- The the science behind the baking so you can confidently make different kinds of pies at home
- How to make and roll out a classic, flaky butter & shortening pie crust from scratch
- Making a classic lattice top for a baked pie
- Making creme anglaise and a classic apricot glaze for a fresh fruit tarts
- Techniques on how to store your pies
- Tips on how to take gorgeous photographs of your baked goods so you can share your hard work on Instagram!
Shiela Labao is a self-taught baker of over 10 years – so you can say that she’s had a lot of practice baking for fun. Realizing that her passion and skills can bring a community together, she decided to get a bit more serious and start baking for a purpose. Sheila has completed professional classes at George Brown College. Always focusing on the science behind the baking.
Now, she hosts baking socials at her home and hosts private events as well. Being able to share her love of baking and creating truly brings fulfillment and happiness to her. You can see what she’s currently up to on her Instagram @sharesies_ and at shielas.ca
Every week, The Depanneur invites TO’s best culinary talents to lead fun, hands-on cooking classes & workshops.
Learn more about Cooking Classes at The Depanneur