Learn a new skill, meet great people and eat something tasty.
The Depanneur is now offering a selection of live online cooking classes in collaboration with some of our favourite chefs
Online Cooking Classes FAQs
- All classes are live & interactive! Chefs accompany you throughout the entire process.
- Chime in with questions through audio or chat. Ask as many questions as you want! (your video is optional – cook in your PJs if you like!).
- Kids are welcome to join in.
- Attendees will be sent recipe/ingredient lists a minimum of 48hrs prior to the event, and you are responsible for purchasing your own ingredients prior to the class,
- Some classes may offer a supplemental ingredient kits which can be purchased directly from the instructors for pickup or delivery. Details will be posted in the description of the specific corresponding events.
- Please notify us in advance if you have any dietary restrictions.
- Classes require a minimum of 6 participants to be held.
- Class duration is approximate and may be longer or shorter by 10-15 minutes.
- Private or corporate classes also available: please email us at email@example.com to inquire about details.
- Connect with the chef using Zoom on your computer, tablet or mobile device.
- 48hrs prior to class, you will receive your private Zoom link via email in order to join
Tickets Sales & Cancelations
- Tickets available online for purchase up to 48 hrs prior to the class.
- Classes will be confirmed 48h before the scheduled time; at that time we will send any recipe/ingredient details and the Zoom link to the event.
- In the event that the class minimum is not met, and we are unable to host the class, we will offer you a full refund.
- Cancellation policy – if you need to cancel your ticket up to 48hrs prior to the event, we can issue you a credit towards any future purchase; no refunds or credits will be offered for cancellations less than 48hrs prior to the event.
- Tickets are transferable/giftable to other people, but tickets to classes are sold individually, meaning that one purchased registration is intended for one person/couple/computer to participate in the class.
- If you have a Depanneur gift certificate you can use it towards any of our virtual workshops.
- If a class offers a food box pick up or delivery, this will be arranged directly with the chef leading that class.
- Any questions regarding class, menu or ingredients please contact the instructors directly.
- Any inquiries/questions about tickets sales or cancellations, please mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’ve got a culinary skill you’d like to share, find out more about hosting a class at The Dep.
Upcoming Cooking Classes at The Dep
Upcoming Events › Workshops
Upcoming Events › Workshops
Register by FRI Apr 23 Every culture has their comfort-food dumplings, and warm, hearty Polish pierogies are right up there with the best of them. In this fun, hands-on workshop, Maria Rozynska leads you through the process of kneading & rolling, filling & shaping, and boiling & frying homemade pierogies from scratch. You’ll learn an easy-to-make pierogi dough along with 3 traditional Polish fillings: classic potato & farmers cheese, savoury mushroom & sauerkraut, as well as a sweet prune filling for delicious…
Register by TUE Apr 27 The appeal of tiramisu is pretty self-evident — a delicious trifle of light biscuits, aromatic coffee and liqueur and rich zabaglione filling. On the strength of its undeniable charms, and the occasional high-profile endorsements (Tom Hanks mentions it in Sleepless in Seattle in 1993), tiramisu — very quickly and only quite recently — has gone one to become one of the best known Italian desserts in the world, despite not being mentioned in print in Italy until 1980.…
Register by SAT May 1 Fermentation has been used for millennia to preserve fresh vegetables while enhancing the flavours and nutritional profile. Naturally fermented foods use salt (or a culture starter in some cases) to create a welcoming environment for good bacteria. Through the process known as process lacto-fermentation, these probiotic bacteria naturally preserve the ferments and provide the familiar sour taste of sauerkraut and sour pickles. These living cultures enhance the nutritional profile of the ingredients while retaining vitamins…