The fall harvest Ontario is overflowing with delicious apples — perfect for pies! Come learn how to make delicious, Instagram-worthy and consistently knockout pies with baker Shiela Labao. In this hands-on workshop, Shiela will demonstrate how to make a classic apple pie — all the tips, techniques and hands-on experience from making the flakiest pie dough to assembling a beautiful lattice crust. There will be a slice of warm pie a la mode to share at the end of class, as well as a fully made pie for each participant to take home and bake (they freeze beautifully!)
You will also learn about:
- The science behind the baking so you can confidently make different kinds of pies at home
- How to make and roll out a classic, flaky butter & shortening pie crust from scratch
- Making a classic lattice top for a baked pie
- Techniques on how to store your pies
- Tips on how to take gorgeous photographs of your baked goods so you can share your hard work on Instagram!
Shiela Labao is a self-taught baker of over 10 years – so you can say that she’s had a lot of practice baking for fun. Realizing that her passion and skills can bring a community together, she decided to get a bit more serious and start baking for a purpose. Sheila has completed professional classes at George Brown College. Always focusing on the science behind the baking.
Now, she hosts baking socials at her home and hosts private events as well. Being able to share her love of baking and creating truly brings fulfillment and happiness to her. You can see what she’s currently up to on her Instagram @sharesies_ and at shielas.ca
Every week, The Depanneur invites TO’s best culinary talents to lead fun, hands-on cooking classes & workshops.
Learn more about Cooking Classes at The Depanneur